Sales Development Representative
We believe that great students are more than just book smart. Altus builds software that helps academic programs choose holistically exceptional applicants by providing reliable professionalism screening tests (like our signature CASPer(r) test) for use in the admission process. Think of CASPer like an "SAT" for people skills. The CASPer™ test was developed originally at McMaster University, and has been used to screen over 125,000 applicants for medicine, nursing, veterinary, optometry, pharmacy and teachers education schools in US, Canada, Australia and the UK over the last decade and we are growing rapidly. The test uses everyday scenarios to evaluate for universally useful skills like communication, collaboration, advocacy ethics and judgment.
We’re a quirky, diverse and intellectual group of 20 working out of the OneEleven scale-up space in the downtown core of Toronto. We tackle some tough problems (like how to evaluate empathy in someone who wants to become a doctor), and some less tough ones (like what to bring in for the communal snack table).
Working with Altus means high career growth and impact. It also means learning a ton from brilliant coworkers, as well as directing your own personal and professional growth. Along with full benefits, enhanced parental leave and self-directed vacation, we provide you with a budget for learning. Use it for a professional workshop, or use it to learn the kazoo- we believe in supporting the whole you.
If you thrive in a small startup, with autonomy to make decisions, run experiments, and continuously test and refine, then this is the place for you.
What would you be doing?
- Owning prospecting into defined countries and verticals
- Prospecting via phone and email with Salesloft to make contact with leaders of university programs
- Discover the current process and pain points for each potential institutions admissions process
- Educate prospects on what our product is, the current state of research for academic admissions, and how their admissions process can be improved with our assessment
- Qualify whether there is a fit between us and the program
- Total ownership of the SDR funnel to qualify prospects before handing them over to our amazing AE team
- Participate in webinars to smaller programs and own them through the handoff to our Customer Success team
- Consistent refinement of our messaging based on your experience with the prospects
- Achieve monthly targets for activities
- Coordinate, schedule and execute Discovery Calls
- Coordinate, schedule and book Webinars with AEs and prospect
- Attend conferences within our markets to generate leads and liaise with existing partners
- Provide a warm hand over to the Account Executive team
- Maintain accurate and thorough records in Pipedrive CRM and Salesloft
- Structured outbound prospecting experience
- Mature attitude. Can speak calmly and professionally to very smart and experienced customers
- Strong relationship building skills
- Internally driven to achieve monthly goals
Also, the ideal candidate will also be someone who is:
- Mature, smart, trustworthy - someone who can quickly build relationships with Deans and senior admission leaders within Universities
- Looking for a long-term relationship at a growing company
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast-paced environment, and prefers change over status-quo. We are growing quickly and you’ll be involved in fixing/expanding processes that will break!
- Is a self starter who can get things done, acts like an owner, but is also abundantly humble and coachable. We minimize drama and prefer people who are quietly self confident.
- Analytical with a structured approach to work
- Interested in being part of an amazing, caring team, and wants to build a high growth but sustainable business
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee in our office
- $1500 annual personal and professional development budget
- Generous vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance coverage
- Parental leave coverage
- Team building and social events
Altus is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors. Special accommodations for candidates with disabilities can be made during the interview process if requested.