Bilingual Test Support Agent (Toronto, part-time contract)
About Altus Assessments:
Are you passionate about education, technology, and people and looking for a part-time role at a fast growing company going global? If so, please read on!
We believe that great professionals are more than just book smart. We help academic programs find stronger applicants by delivering robust assessments of professional and personal characteristics. Think of us like an SAT for professionalism and people skills. Over the past decade more than 200,000 applicants have taken our main assessment, the CASPerⓇ test, which is used widely for high stakes admissions for Medicine, Teachers Education, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Optometry in the US, Canada, and Australia. CASPer uses everyday scenarios to evaluate for universally useful skills like communication, collaboration, ethics, equity, and resilience.
We’re a quirky, diverse, and intellectual group of 35+ working out of a tech scale-up hub in the downtown core of Toronto. Together, we tackle some tough problems (like how to evaluate empathy in someone who wants to become a doctor), and some less tough ones (like what to order for the test support meal). We are looking to expand our CASPer test support team with a group of tech savvy and collaborative quick learners, who thrive in a fast paced environment. If you thrive in a small start-up, with autonomy to make decisions, act quickly, and continuously improve, then this is the place for you!
We are looking to grow our test support team by hiring a group of independent contractors to fill the roles of Bilingual Test Support Agents. As a part-time member of the test support team, your main goal is to assist the CASPer applicants before, during, and after their CASPer test via Altus’ live online chat support system. You will act as the face of Altus Assessments and the CASPer test, helping applicants navigate through their test and providing exceptional support every step of the way. This encompasses anything from helping an applicant through the CASPer account onboarding process, providing technical support by troubleshooting any issues they may be experiencing, screening applicants for signs of cheating, and providing emotional support and encouragement to applicants who may need it. You will aim to ensure a smooth, friendly experience for every single applicant that takes the CASPer test. Due to the nature of the position, it is essential that every member of the test support team has phenomenal communication skills, typing skills, and the ability to work well with a group in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate for this role has the following attributes:
- Friendly and empathetic with a professional, positive attitude
- Outstanding bilingual (French/English) communication skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and stay calm under pressure
- Very comfortable using computers and confident in technical skills
- A quick-thinker / problem solver
- Able to think rationally, prioritize tasks, and clearly articulate and execute a plan
- Flexible schedule and ability to adapt
- Customer Support experience preferred
Job Details / Time Commitment:
- Part time contractor
- CASPer test support will take place onsite at Altus Assessments office
- 3-6 hours per test support session, 3-9 times per month
- After hours and weekend work. Schedule will change on a weekly basis, depending upon testing schedule and test support needs
- CASPer tests normally take place between 4-7pm and/or 7-10pm on weekdays
- CASPer tests normally take place 1-4pm and/or 4-7pm on the weekends
- Potential for minimal part-time work with flexible hours to answer CASPer applicant questions on non-test days, on an “as needed” basis
- Able to travel to the Altus office for test support (325 Front St W, Toronto, ON)
- Access to personal computer
- Fluent in English and French languages
Test support meal provided per CASPer test shift
More Info about Altus Assessments and CASPer:
Visit the Altus Assessments company website here: https://altusassessments.com/
Visit the CASPer website here: https://takecasper.com/